Thursday 3 September 2015

When do you sound your best??


http://voiceoverprateek.wix.com/randomreverbsWell this might sound weird, but this is an important question, if you really want to make an impact in the studio. Its not how will you sound your best but WHEN??

This one question can easily give an edge to your portfolio (If you know the answer, ofcourse!!!). I have asked this question to lot many voice over artists / Public speakers and they do not know for sure the correct answer to this question.

This is a fact that the tonal quality of your voice changes with every passing hour of the day. Your voice quality is affected by many parameters like your environment, people around you, the sounds you live in through out the day. You do not sound real when you are in the middle of the chaos that this world has to give you. 

So what's the answer?? That depends. It totally depends on when and for how long you are in sync with YOURSELF. Only when you give time to yourself, you sound YOU. Many voiceover artists make it a point to be with themselves before going for a recording, this helps you regain a lot of energy, as well as make you aware about your body.

Personally, for me the best time when I sound good is just when I am out of my bed every morning. I have observed that my voice sounds deep and heavy when I wake up. This is not just the case with me, I have heard lots of artists saying the same thing.

Again, a word of caution, every individual has his/her own sweet time when they sound real. It also depends on the tonal quality you want for your recordings, so for me if I need to record something happening, I usually do it in evenings (for you this might be different)

So next time when you go for a recording, read the script, understand the type of voice required, do a thorough check of your tonal quality..and if doesn't sound good.. Well sleep tight.. May be you should do it early morning.

Visit my webpage - http://voiceoverprateek.wix.com/randomreverbs
Visit my FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/Prateekvoiceover
Visit my G+ profile - https://plus.google.com/u/0/102175408285189376356

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge